Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer Job News

Joester will be working at both Marble Slab and Old Navy for the summer. Not such great pay at either, but at least it's something that will pay the bills and just for the summer. I told Joey that when I gain weight from eating too much ice cream, then I can go to Old Navy and buy new clothes! :o) He just took his LOTE (Languages Other Than English) test on Friday, so hopefully we'll be hearing good news of a passing grade on that one soon. He said it was a really challenging test, but I have faith that he passed it! Still looking for a teaching job for the fall. What I want to know is why schools must wait until last minute to hire anyone! It would make more sense to get all your hiring out of the way right after school ends so that all that's left to do is planning and strengthening your teaching team, no wasting it doing interviews and such. Plus, then people like us can breath a sigh of relief knowing something is in the works. I digress...
Other than that, same ole same ole around the Hensley Casa...

1 comment:

  1. Although I'm not sure this is the answer you would like to the hiring question, I'm still gonna give it to you because I went through all this last summer and am on the other side of it now. They have to wait to hire becasue the numbers in a school can change drastically over the summer and then they have to relocate teachers from within the district to other schools. (like one school loses kids and another gains, the teachers who already have contracts are guaranteed a job so they can't hire until all those people have been placed.) It's nice once you are in the district, but sucks while trying to get hired, believe me I know! Hope you are doing well!!
    Hillary :)

    ReplyDelete